Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

OO10.70 Rest API Issues

Jump to solution

I have an external program that uses the HP OO API to trigger flows. (Execute a Flow by UUID). I have this program designed to handle these repsonses from page 46 of the API Guide:

RUNNING
COMPLETED
SYSTEM_FAILURE
PAUSED
PENDING_PAUSE
CANCELED
PENDING_CANCEL

From time to time I am getting an undocument response "NOT_EXECUTED" and no execution ID is given in the REST response.

Questions:
1. What log file should I be looking at to find where these calls are being made?
2.. Where is this response documented, assuming it is an actual response?
3. What is contributing to the response? Why does it happen?
4. What can I do to limit its occurence?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor..

Re: OO10.70 Rest API Issues

Jump to solution
0 Likes
9 Replies
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello James,

On regards to your questions, below the answers:

Questions:
1. What log file should I be looking at to find where these calls are being made?

You can try checking the central wrapper.log and the execution.log files. If the information on those logs is not enough, you can enable debug mode and attempt to reproduce the issue.
2.. Where is this response documented, assuming it is an actual response?

It should be found whether on the Central wrapper.log or the execution.log. I went thru official OO documentation but didn't find that status documented.
3. What is contributing to the response? Why does it happen?

If the user that is attempting to trigger the flow has not enough privileges to run specific flows, then the flow won't be executed.

Here, it would be worth checking if the issue is isolated to a specific flow and happens only when that flow is being invoked. Could you please confirm this?
4. What can I do to limit its occurence?

Sometimes the issue might be related to some sort of corruption of the project that contains the flow(s) that is not being executed. Something to try would be to delete the Content Pack that contains the affected flows from Central and then re-deploy the Content Pack again.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Luis Quiros

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Luis, sorry for the delay as I am just now coming back to this issue again. I don't find anything particularly noteworthy related to the issue as I exmaine these logs. It seems very difficult to trace it back to an occurence and the condition is not repeatable on demand.

The response is "NOT_EXECUTED" and its not that I expect to see that in a log. When I asked where is it documented, I'm referring to the kind of documentation I find inthe API guide that covers these for example when checking the status of an execution via the API.

RUNNING
COMPLETED (RESOLVED,ERROR,DIAGNOSED,NO_ACTION_TAKEN)
SYSTEM_FAILURE
PAUSED
PENDING_PAUSED
CANCELLED
PENDING_CANCELLED

I'm looking to better understand the possible repsonses when using "Execute a Flow by UUID"

I haven't found any pattern to the failure as it is very intermittent, so its not content pack related or user privledge. Perhaps the API or the backend processes that make it available or something between the system making the call and the recieving HPOO API are contributors. I'm looking for information that can help me make sure I have taken all appropriate error handling steps when making the call and not getting an execution ID in return.

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

It is very important to understand how the flow that is triggered looks like when the NOT_EXECUTED status is received.

Question: On which of the below values does the NOT_EXECUTED appear?

"status":"COMPLETED","resultStatusType":"RESOLVED","resultStatusName":"NOT_EXECUTED"

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Good question, I'm going to try to log the full response, if there is a response, when making the call and see if I can catch one. If you'd like, we can close this thread and follow up in the practitioners forum where I am having the same discussion.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi James,

Were you able to follow up this topic on the Practitioners forum with Andrei Truta? If so, Should I then close this topic on this forum?

I look forward to your comments.

Regards,

Luis Quiros

Luis Quiros

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi James,

Based on one of your comments, I will proceed to close this thread. Below your message:

"Good question, I'm going to try to log the full response, if there is a response, when making the call and see if I can catch one. If you'd like, we can close this thread and follow up in the practitioners forum where I am having the same discussion".

Thank you.

Luis Quiros

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi James,

Given the fact that you were going to follow up this topic on the Practitioners forum, I was wondering if you can mark this thread as Accepted Solution so that it can be closed out.

Thank you!

Luis Quiros

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you James,

Thread closed.

Luis Quiros

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.