Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

OO10 LDAP Authentication - mapping Roles from user's attributes and not from group memberships

Jump to solution

Hallo,

Isn't it possible to group LDAP users by selecting a user's attribute, instead of looking for an actual user's membership of some LDAP Groups..?

I mean, in our company LDAP groups are not significative enough to be mapped into OO10 roles, and that's because the LDAP groups do not represent the departments of the company (we would like to assign different roles to people belonging to different departments) since LDAP groups are used for other purposes.

However each LDAP user in our company has an attribute "usdepartmentcode" that we would like to use for the correct assignments of OO10 roles.

In version 9.x a parameter could be set for that purpose:

List of user context attribute names which can be used as groups.

But I did not find it in OO10.01.0001

May you please help?

Thank you

Giulio

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OO10 LDAP Authentication - mapping Roles from user's attributes and not from group memberships

Jump to solution

A Support ticket was generated and an Enhancement Request was placed for this issue. 

Please reference ER# QCCR8C22345 on the SSO for further updates.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: OO10 LDAP Authentication - mapping Roles from user's attributes and not from group memberships

Jump to solution

Hello Giulio,

I am a OO support representative and will be researching your question.  I will respond shortly with an update.

Kind Regards,

Jason Cantrell

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

A Support ticket was generated and an Enhancement Request was placed for this issue. 

Please reference ER# QCCR8C22345 on the SSO for further updates.

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.