Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

OO10 - possible inconsistencies in deploying content packs

Hi,

I know I am out of time 😛 but - the same - I would like to ask a question about some tests I performed while deploying the following versions of CP of a test project.

My first CP has been packaged with the following project (Version 1.0.0):

ProjectTest

|_Library

I_TestWorkflows

I_Main flow

I_subflow1

Where subflow1 was a step of Main flow.

I succesfully deployed CP ver 1.0.0 on Central.

Then I changed my project as it follows (ver 1.0.1):

ProjectTest

|_Library

I_TestWorkflows

I_Main flow

I_subflow1

|_subflow2

Where subflow2 has been substituted as a step of Main flow.

In details

- I defined the new subflow2 workflow;

- then I opened Main flow in Studio Design,

- I opened the the "Inspector" of subflow1 step in Main flow and I changed the Advanced/Location reference from /ProjectTest/Library/TestWorkflows/subflow1 to /ProjectTest/Library/TestWorkflows/subflow2

I packaged the project with version 1.0.1 and deployed succesfully on the Central

Finally I changed the project, simply deleting subflow1 (ver 1.0.2)

ProjectTest

|_Library

I_TestWorkflows

I_Main flow

|_subflow2

Again I packaged my new version of the CP but this time I got some errors while I try to deploy the version 1.0.2 version on the Central:

unable to deploy, reason: {"aggregatedSeverity":"Error","contentPackResponses":{"ProjectTest.jar":{"contentPackName":"ProjectTest.jar","message":"ProjectTest.jar (author: , date: )","responses":[{"contentPackName":"ProjectTest.jar","responseCategory":"Overwrite","level":"Error","message":"The content pack that you are deploying has been deployed previously. In the previous deployment, this content pack contained an entity ('flow' with UUID 68539ed6-7785-4512-b1a4-046df83516f4), which is used by other deployed content packs ({3}). The current content pack that is being deployed is missing that entity."}]}}}

68539ed6-7785-4512-b1a4-046df83516f4 was the UUID of subflow1 which actually I deleted ... but it didn't reference any other workflows... so why this dependency-error still happens?

I repeated the same test over and over in similar conditions and I always got some errors caused by "ghost" dependencies that actually should not be in place.

May you please help me to understand?

Thank you,

Giulio

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OO10 - possible inconsistencies in deploying content packs

Hello

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: OO10 - possible inconsistencies in deploying content packs

Hello Jason,
thank you very much for your reply.
While you are researching I am going to open also a ticket to track the specific case.

cheers,
Giulio
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.