Highlighted
Absent Member.. Peter_Sutter Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OOSH using encrypted password

I am trying to figure out how to pass an encrypted password into an OOSH command such as 

trigger --url https://<ooserver>:8443/oo --user domain\username --uuid blah-blah-blah --password s7dOfne3cwXQkKxhc0rpJg==

I got this password using the encrypt-password.bat file in central/bin/, but I get a 401 error. When I use my plaintext password it works.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Ridos Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OOSH using encrypted password

Hi

there is no possiblity to submit encrypted data from OOSH. This is from documentation:

Note: It is possible to specify the user name (with the user property) without specifying the
password (with the password) property. You will be prompted for the password upon making the
connection.
Note also that in a multi-LDAP environment, you should enter the user name in the following
format: domain\username. If you enter the user name without a domain, OOSH will try to
authenticate the user with the default LDAP first and if this fails, will to authenticate within the HP
OO internal domain.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.