Tony Okusanya Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

ORPHANED FLOWS

I currently use HPOO 9.07 and have run into issues with flow runs being orphaned. The state in the Current runs view on central shows "Orphaned" and it remains in that view until its deleted manually.

My questions are:

1. how can we prevent flows from getting to that state 

2. how can I programatically test a flow run for an orphaned state

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: ORPHANED FLOWS

Hello Tony,

I hope you are great today.

I am an Operations Orchestration Support representative, regarding your questions I found some information that could help you, please take a look:

1. how can we prevent flows from getting to that state 

2. how can I programatically test a flow run for an orphaned state

Central Users Guide.pdf (page 113)

Enabling Central to resume runs that were interrupted when Central failed

Install guide.pdf (page 10-upgrading)

The upgrade process discards any flow runs that were stopped, paused, handed off, or orphaned when the upgrade is begun. It is recommended that you complete or delete these runs before you start upgrading Central.

PS: I have attached the documents .pdf

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know and I will continue with my researches.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

Hp-OO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Tony Okusanya Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for the information Sussan. Im still not sure what causes the orphaned condition however my main concern is detecting that state (orphaned)
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding your request, let me research and consult with my OO Team about ORPHANED FLOWS and give you a better answer for your doubts.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.