Regular Contributor.. Dan_Ellis Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

OS Patching using OO and SCCM

Hi guys,

Is anyone here using OO and SCCM and have written automations to handle patching installs?

We have alot of servers that require specific reboot orders, as well as stopping services before restart and performing post restart checks prior to patching the next server.

I see alot of SCCM content in IT Operations 1..3.0 content pack. Really what I'm looking for is the following

1 - Get a list of patches waiting to be installed on a server

2 - Check for a pending reboot

3 - Install patches and restart server

Does anyone have any expierence in this area please?

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
EASPhilLewis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OS Patching using OO and SCCM

Hi Dan,

I've implemented a Patch solution using SCCM and a rebooting service with HP OO using Radia rather than SCCM but the principle and approach should be the same.

How is SCCM handling your patching? Through it's own WSUS server? Could you control the patches to be installed through the collections in SCCM rather than control it using OO or are you simply talking about a reporting exercise?

Handling the services and server boot order would need to be handled by a database so that you can record the dependencies. The actual operations to check if a server needs a reboot is quite simple, if memory serves me right you can check for various registry keys.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. Dan_Ellis Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: OS Patching using OO and SCCM

Thanks Phil for your response. Will get back to you on this. We have had another high priority piece of work take over so will be back at this soon. 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.