Dardz Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Operation or subflow's internal properties

Is there a dynamic way to access operation or subflow's internal properties (e.g. names of Input parameters, Results, Ouputs, Responses, etc)? Something analogous to Java reflection but done in scriptlet or some operations.

Thanks,

Dardz

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Operation or subflow's internal properties

Hi,

Usually, we build a new operation from scratch to add additional attributes/inputs or outputs that was ignored during OO operation development.

You can pass variables from parent to subflow using subflow inputs, you can send out output variables by marking them as Global variable.

You can build your own scriptlets and set global variables by using scriptletContext.putLocal() scriptletContext.putGlobal() functions.

please let me know if am on the right track in answering you or if you need more details.

Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
https://www.itmthoughts.com
New version of Mahmoudthoughts witten by other IT experts
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • Dardz Frequent Contributor.
    Frequent Contributor.

Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for your suggestion. You are in the right track but I think my question wasn't specific enough. Let me add an example: Let's say I created a new operation called "Display Param Names" (based on "/Library/Utility Operations/Flow Variable Manipulation/Do Nothing"). "Display Param Names" works like the "Do Nothing" but adds functionality to display Input field names. So when I use "Display Param Names" in a flow and I added "foo" and "bar" parameters in the Inspector, when I run the flow, the "Display Param Names" can dynamically pull the names and values of these parameters (via Scriptlet or something) and then displays them. One solution I thought of was pulling the information from the xml file but that's internal to HPOO. I wonder if there's standard way.

Thanks,

Dardz

0 Likes
    AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
    Outstanding Contributor.

If I got it right, you might be able to use scriptlets in order to get data from the context and put data to the context.

In the scriptlet tab there is a template that gives information about how to work with that.

One example of actual usage is on page 11 in this document

If I got it wrong we can continue from here 🙂

Andrei Vasile Truta
    0 Likes
    The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.