Absent Member.. Phil Kunze Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Operations Orchestration - Database cleanup?

Hi All,

After having an OO environment up and running for a year or so, the 'runstep_history' and 'property_history' tables in the database have grown to 38GB between them.

Data never seems to be purged from these tables.

These have become a bit difficult to query in OO or even directly to SQL.

I can't find any reference to any process to manage these tables in documentation or the OO Administration interface.

We don't need detail going back this far, and would much rather have a responsive interface.

Does anyone know if there is a supported process to archive off these history tables, or even better, a setting somewhere to define how long OO keeps this history?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

-----------------------------------------------

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC HP Software: Data Center Automation Center Forum to Operations Orchestration Support Forum - Forum Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Phil Kunze Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Operations Orchestration - Database cleanup?

Okay, as seems to always be the case, when you ask for help, you come across the answer.

I found this package which seems to answer my question.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM722356/binary/OO7.5_MSSQL_Run_History_Purge.zip?searchIdentifier=44d1ff6c%3a127d4489439%3a-5740&resultType=document

Happy to hear anyone else's experience with this, but this should allow me to fix the problem.

Cheers,
Phil
0 Likes
Absent Member.. cgrim1350 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Operations Orchestration - Database cleanup?

Phil,

I am seeing the same issue but we use an Oracle database. I received the scripts for purging the Oracle db but I keep running into errors and the documentation is not helping. I believe that there are some syntax issues with the naming of the tables between the scripts, as if they were never tested. I'm curious if you had any luck with the scripts you found for MSSQL?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.