Absent Member.. dsalkin Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Output fields of a new RAS Operation

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why only the following options are present as Output fields when creating a new RAS operation:

• FailureMessage
  • TimedOut

I would like to catch the returnCode of the operation (dotNetWebActions_Detector.OSDetector) but it does not appear.

Thanks,

David Salkin

HP SaaS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Output fields of a new RAS Operation

Can I ask why you need to create a new RAS Operation for this operation which already exists?

Regardless I just tested it myself by creating a New RAS operation and pointing to the archive; after saving it I am able to access all those output fields on my new operation (including returnCode). Make sure you have pointed the RAS property to an actual RAS otherwise it won't know where to load the archive from.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

It differs according to the RAS OS type. The outputs are are different in Unix RAS and Windows RAS operations(i.e returnResult/result outputs). As I see you are using a windows RAS for your operation, I am not sure about that but "returncode" output might not in windows RAS operations.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The 'returnCode' result field is definitely there for the Windows operation; I tested with the exact archive the OP listed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.