timmanseau Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E5)

To whom it may concern,

We are seeing this error off and on in our OO execution logs...

2017-07-18 06:00:00,934 [1_WorkerExecutionThread-6_823800062] (PluginAdapterImpl.java:331) ERROR - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800703E5): Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E5)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)

at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()

at dotNET_Commons.WMI.WMISearch(String strHost, String strNameSpace, String strQuery, String strUser, String strPass, ImpersonationLevel il, AuthenticationLevel al, String locale)

at dotNET_Commons.WMI.WMISearch(String strHost, String strNameSpace, String strQuery, String strUser, String strPass)

at dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg)Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E5)

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this error?

There appears to be no rhyme or reason around when it happens or why.

Thanks!!!

Tim

0 Likes
4 Replies
vvs1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E5)

I have same errors in dotnet WMI Remote Command Execution commands . I think, it's because OO worker can't handle this operations in parallel mode , but i'm not sure.

0 Likes
Marco86
Frequent Visitor.

Re: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E5)

We have exactly the same problem! Please solve this

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Has anyone opened a support case? 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello everyone,

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum.

My name is Carlos, I am from the OO/CSA team.

I just want to let you know, engineering is aware of this issue and currently they are working on a fix for it. 

I will update this post once the fix is available.

Thanks;

Best Regards! 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.