Trusted Contributor.. KedarB Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Parameters For Using Get Mail Messages Operation (Base>Operation>Email>GetMailMessages)

Jump to solution

Hello Team,

Will anyone please guide me to create a flow to read my gmail account (i.e. mails )..

basically i want to read my mails and according to information available in mail trigger some other flows which are in queue.

currently I am not able to use Get mail Messages Operation available in Base content pack. (Base>Operation>Email>GetMailMessages)

I think problem is with Parameters we provide during flow run.

please help me resolving the same.

Thanks in Advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Parameters For Using Get Mail Messages Operation (Base>Operation>Email>GetMailMessages)

Jump to solution

Good day Just as a start, you are connecting to gmail

Did you enable the setting in your gmail acount to allow pop3/imap connections? This is not enabled by default

The operation is straight forward, please post gmail settings except for sensitive username password stuff

Ciao

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Parameters For Using Get Mail Messages Operation (Base>Operation>Email>GetMailMessages)

Jump to solution

Good day Just as a start, you are connecting to gmail

Did you enable the setting in your gmail acount to allow pop3/imap connections? This is not enabled by default

The operation is straight forward, please post gmail settings except for sensitive username password stuff

Ciao

0 Likes
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

What is the OO and Base CP version you are using? I suggest to try with latest Base CP and see if you can repro the issue.

Thank you,

Lucian

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. KedarB Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi 

Thanks for reply.

Get mail messages operation is working. There was problem with input parameters I was providing earlier.

Recent Problem:

1) Currently I am not able to access folders other than INBOX.(i.e. flow Input to FolderName)

(Tried for Sent mail,sent mails, drafts,draft,DRAFT and all combinations with Capital and small letters)

2) How to access only Unread mails. 

Please Help Me in resolving the issues.

PFA Error Logs.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I also have the problem with accessing the Out of the box folders like Sent, drafts etc... However any created folder OO can access, I created a simple Personal Folder and OO was able to read it

Regarding only reading unread mails, what is you ruse case you are trying to build, that would make it easier to provide you with a more informative answer

Thanks

0 Likes
bharath bandi
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I'm also trying to read email from gmail (for Subject of email message).

Getting error after providing below info in "Get Mail Message" operation -

host  pop.gmail.com 
port  110
protocol POP3
username Prompt user 
password Prompt user 
folder  INBOX 

trustAllRoots  true 
messageNumber  1
subjectOnly true

Can you check and let me know if there something wrong with Inputs .?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.