Absent Member.. sihem Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Passwords encryption in OO v10.50

When using Store System Account in Flow Variables in OO 10.50 CP oo10-hp-solutions-cp-1.6.0 the password is encrypted in some thing like {ENCRYPTED}fDRyiXaTAlJsIc236E69IA0e.... how to undo this encryption? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Pamela Harrod Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Passwords encryption in OO v10.50

Hello,

What specific operation are you using in this content?  Please let us know.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I use the operation:

/HP Solutions [1.6.0]/Library/Integrations/Hewlett-Packard/Operations Orchestration/10.x/Configuration Items/Store System Account in Flow Variables

In order to extract the user/password of a given system account. The password resulting from this operation is encrypted.

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Pamela Harrod Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Please open a new support case for this issue as this will have to be investigated by the support team.

Thank you.

0 Likes
guyhanael Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The password is encrypted intentionaly. In order to use the password in another step you just need to bind it. The underline engine will decrypt it when needed.

This is a security feature.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have to use this password on a powershell script, so it's like I have to write it in clear on the script:

This is how the script looks before the replacement:

$password = $args[0]

After:

$password ="{ENCRYPTED}fDRyiXaTAlJsIc236E69IA0e..."

And this makes my script not working.

Before v10.50 the script was looking like this after replacing the password:

$password ="Password123..."

How should we proceed ?

0 Likes
Established Member.. lexa77
Established Member..

Hello,

was the issue solved? I have also to run scripts with passwords

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Srilogic Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Store the password in a variable and pass that variable in powershell script using ConvertTo-SecureString...

HTH,

Sri

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.