Quoth
New Member.

Perfmon, SiteScope, BSM and OO > Real time monitor?

Hi guys,

So my boss is wanting to create some kind of dashboard that allows us to do real time monitoring on storage devices, particularly with ETA to Warning and ETA to Critical. I know for a fact that we have SiteScope and BSM as our main monitoring and alert management products. Can these be used to craft some kind of dashboard for real time monitoring of storage disks across multiple clients using OO?

Thanks! 🙂

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Perfmon, SiteScope, BSM and OO > Real time monitor?

I have never done something like that. I saw the documentation and it does not mention anything similar. 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Perfmon, SiteScope, BSM and OO > Real time monitor?

Can you do what you're asking? Sure!  Does it require all the tools that you describe? maybe!

in theory, you would be pushing events from SiteScope to BSM. An event received by BSM can be configured to run a workflow, but the question is: what would OO end up doing? It could certainly update a database that would allow your dashboard to read that value 1x/min/hour/whever and then determine a threshold for alert / critical.

Is that kinda what you had in mind?

--Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.