Established Member.. scottawhite
Established Member..

Problem reading file on NetApp using a UNC filepath

I am getting a "File ... does not exist" error when reading a windows file from Central using the Windows "Read File" operation in the Base content pack.  I specify the UNC path to the file in the "source" input, along with the user and password to access the file.  The  file exists  on a NetApp NAS share, and the UNC path points to that NetApp share. 

To prove the file exists and can be read,  I mapped the UNC path from Windows File Explorer using the user and password I specify in the OO flow when logged on the Central/RAS server, and I can access and read the file. So reading the file with the same user/password works outside of a OO flows.

Also, if I specify a UNC path to a share on a Windows server, the flow works fine.  So the error has something to do with NetApp NAS shares, I believe.

Anyone run into this issue before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Problem reading file on NetApp using a UNC filepath

Hello Scott,

I am an Operations Orchestration representative and will be researching your question with our group internally.

I will respond when I have the next step on this situation.

Kind Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
ermartinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Scott,

My name is Eric and I’m an HP OO Support Engineer. I’ll be assisting you with your question.

Please provide me the following information in order to try to reproduce the issue:

1. OO version
  2. Base content pack version.

I will be wating your reply.

Kind regards.

Eric
HP OO

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Established Member..

OO 10.10  and Base CP version 1.2.1.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the information provided.

I will do some test with this operation and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Eric

HPOO

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Scott,
I have done some test using the operation called Read file with the following configuration:

Base: Content Pack 1.2.1
Path: UNC filepath
Host: Windows Server 2008 R2
Client: Windows Server 2008 R2

Screen-shots:

Unfortunately, I do not have a NetApp hardware in order to test this operation with it, therefore can you please attach a screen-shot of the error from Studio, so I can get more details of the error.

I will be waiting your reply.
Kind regards,
Eric 

HP OO

HP Support
0 Likes
Established Member..

I cant get a screenshot either - the error occurred at a customer site and I dont have access to it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Scott,

I hope you are great today.

I have noticed after research and consult with my OO Team, that you have enough information in this post to start an investigation with a new ticket, please open an Operations Orchestration Support Case and please to refer this thread.

PS: Please provide all information to engineer in charge of your case (screen shots, Logs, A copy flow etc...) and we will able to help you more deeply with this issue.

Best Regards.

Eric

HPOO

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.