Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Pull vcenter host memory information via vmware advanced search?

I'm replacing a bunch of powershell using the advanced search operation which is proving great for improving flow performance against vcenter.

I'm trying to replace an operation that pulls the host available memory and memory usage but for the life of me I can't find them in the MOB so I can't figure how to pull them using advanced search.

In the powershell world I would pull them like this.

$vmhost = $vm | Get-VMHost -Server $Server

$vmhost.MemoryTotalMB

$vmhost.MemoryUsageMB

Anyone else done this or know what I should be looking for? It kind of looks like this information is a data object type which I don't think I can do anything with using advanced search.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Pull vcenter host memory information via vmware advanced search?

Managed to find the data, was hiding in the host object, summary.quickStats and hardware.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.