Trusted Contributor.. KedarB Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Python/Perl Script to Create Custom Operation having Modules.

Hi Team,

I want to create Custom operations using Python/Perl scripts which includes using Python/Perl Modules.

What will be the necessary system requirements...?

First of all is it possible...?

" import xyz_Module"  will work in scripts section of HPOO operation...?

Please help me

Thanks in Advance.

-Kedar Bhusanikar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Python/Perl Script to Create Custom Operation having Modules.

Hi,

Do you want to call Python from Java code or you want to use Remote Command operation to call Python to execute a script?

If you use Remote Command you can use scripts that import Python modules. The modules should be accessible on the OO RAS system where Python interpreter needs to be installed as well.

If you use Java and Jython scripts I suggest to have a look here for details how modules search path is resolved in such situation (no OO constraint just keep in mind the execution box is the OO RAS server): http://www.jython.org/jythonbook/en/1.0/ModulesPackages.html 

If you want to use OO and Python the recommendation is to have a look at CloudSlang. first This is an open source orchestration language that supports Python operations (in addition to Java operations) and provides textual workflow capabilities. You can also package and run CloudSlang workflows natively from OO Central.

Hope it helps,

Lucian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.