Absent Member.. george_cassar Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Querying VCentre tags

Im developing a flow to query if a certain vm tag exists on a virtual machine. If i use the powershell command Get-Vm computerName -Tag XXXXXX i get a list of servers with the specified tag.

If i then use the OOB operation in OO to query the computer to confirm whether OO can retrieve the same info using(/Virtualization [1.1.0]/Library/Integrations/VMware/VMware Virtual Infrastructure and vSphere/Virtual Machines/Get Virtual Machine) I cannot see the desired info (as displayed using the powershell cmd).

I am curretly trying to use the /Virtualization [1.1.0]/Library/Integrations/VMware/VMware Virtual Infrastructure and vSphere/Utilities/Advanced Search operation to perform the same search but having issues setting the following inputs

I cant locate the relevant info in the  VMWare Integration Guide to configure this advanced search, is anyone able to assist me in performing the particular query?

Many Thanks 🙂

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Querying VCentre tags

Hello George,

I am an Operations Orchestration representative, regarding your issue I will be researching about it with our group internally.  I will respond when I have the next step on this situation.

Kind Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HP-OO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Querying VCentre tags

Hello George,

I hope you are great today.

Regarding your request Could you please check the next information, about configuration inside the operation Get Virtual Machine:

Inputs:
    host - VMware vCenter, ESX or ESXi host hostname or IP.
    user - VMware username.
    password - VMware user's password.
    port - Port to connect on.

Examples: 443, 80
    protocol - Connection protocol.

Valid values: "https", "http"
    closeSession - Close the internally kept VMWare Infrastructure API session at completion of operation.

Valid values: "true", "false"
    vmDatacenter - Datacenter to get virtual machines from.
    hostSystem - Host system to get virtual machines from.
    vmIdentifierType - Virtual machine identifier type.  Required if virtualMachine input is used.

Valid values: "inventorypath", "name", "ip", "hostname", "uuid", "vmid"
    virtualMachine - Primary Virtual Machine identifier. Inventorypath (Datacenter/vm/Folder/MyVM), Name of VM, IP (IPv4 or IPv6 depending upon ESX version), hostname (full), UUID, or the VM id (vm-123,123).
    getDetailed - Retrieve detailed information?

Valid Values: true, false

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesisate to let me know.

PS: I have attached Virtualization Release Notes.pdf.( you can find information about known issues and fixed defects)

Kind Regards,

Sussan Zamora

Hp-OO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.