Absent Member.. willrodriguez Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Question about Multi-Instance Operations

Jump to solution

Hi there everyone, this is my first post on the forums, but I've got some big questions about Multi-Instance Operations.

First off, I'd like to provide some background... I'm currently in the process of upgrading our HP OO environment from v9 to v10.10 and I'm making all the necessary flow changes to accomodate the changes brought with the new version. Overall, the process has been fairly seamless and painless, but there is one major thing I'm running into that seems to be causing some confusion for us; we have about 20 or 30 flows from v9 which utilize multi-instance flows flows to handle repetitive steps.

Now, the upgrade tool did format these flows in a way that I can very easily make them "work" so far as I can tell, but given how different they look, I'm very interested to find out what exactly changed from v9 to v10.

So far as I can tell, in v9, a multi-instance step was a single step, which was capable of running multiple instances concurrently, thus the name. However, it seems that in version 10, it is now something of an envelope that allows a user to execute an instruction chain. That's definitely a cool change, but there are some quirks that we're concerned about...

In version 9, a multi-instance step was capable of producing a failure step, but in version 10.10, a multi-instance lane only is capable of producing a single response. We were hoping to get an explanation of how the multi-instance lane in version 10.10 handles failures in individual instances. Does it do anything with them; does it ignore them, or does it attempt to restart/rerun those steps? If not, do they come with the expectation that the author should handle the failure in the flow lane before passing it as done?

Also, one more question while I'm here. Does HP have a best practice for retry logic? Right now we use a very hacky method involving counters, but it seems like there has to be a better way.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Question about Multi-Instance Operations

Jump to solution

Hello Will,

I am a Operations Orchestration representative, I will be researching according to your question, so I found some information that could help you with the topic Multi-instance Operation HPOO10X, please take a look:

> Flow Authoring Best Practice: Multi-Instance.

https://connections.houston.hp.com/docs/DOC-103931

> Multi_Instance_Best_Practice.pdf

>How to create a simple multi-instance step.doc

PS: I have attached the documents.

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Will,

I am a Operations Orchestration representative, I will be researching according to your question, so I found some information that could help you with the topic Multi-instance Operation HPOO10X, please take a look:

> Multi_Instance_Best_Practice.pdf

>How to create a simple multi-instance step.doc

PS: I have attached the documents.

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Absent Member.. willrodriguez Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

That is pretty much exactly what I needed! Thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Will,

Thanks for your quick response and I hope you are great today.

I am glad to heard this and the information is of your help.

Thanks again for choose HPOO Support.

Kind Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Nick2345 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi sussan,

How to download below doc. It is asking credential and hp passport credentials are not working for this link.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Nick,

Thank you for contacting HpForum, so regarding your request about to access connections link you can find the same information in this another link:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM544010

I hope this information help you,

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.