David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Questions about HTTP Client Detailed Return

Hi all, 

I'm doing a HTTP Client Detailed Return to get the contents of a webpage and I have a few questions about it.In this webpage, the contents will be formatted nicely in a table format. However, when I use fiddler to take a closer look, fiddler will give me the output of the contents of that nicely formatted table in a psuedo JSON format and this leads me to my questions.

1) When I compare the outputs, it's roughly 900 lines (HTTP) versus 2000 lines (fiddler), someone then suggested to me that it could be the buffer size which I believe its not as there's no one definite point where truncation begins, rather, lines are deleted and inserted throughout and some lines have been formatted. In this case, would increasing the buffer size help?

2) Would I be able to use any operation within OO to get the same output as fidler? Naturally, I have tried all the available HTTP Get operations but can't seem to find one which gives me the same output as fiddler.  For my end objective, I would need an output similar to fiddler so that I can manipulate the contents to get the data I need. 

Thanks in advance! 
David 

0 Likes
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Questions about HTTP Client Detailed Return

What kind of enpoint are you targeting?

Can you provide some screenshots of the differences?

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
David_Teh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Questions about HTTP Client Detailed Return

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for replying! Am not too sure what do you mean by endpoint but just in case, the url I'm trying to access is a sharepoint website. 

The screen shots are attached below. Do note that some of the data has been masked.
On the left is the data I get from OO (red) and on the right is the data captured by Fiddler (Green)

e.g. of insertion/deletion
Capture.PNG

e.g. of change from pseudo-JSON to table
Capture.PNG
which becomes this (have used a formatter to make the output clearer that it belongs to a table
Capture.PNG

Thanks!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.