Honored Contributor.. connection Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

RAS config issue

Hi Team,

Our central is running in DNS LB mode and trying to install RAS, it is failing at Registering RAS component, attached is the screenshot.

Untitled.png 

I have provided the LB DNS URL while installing the RAS, could you please assist me to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Lokesh

0 Likes
10 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: RAS config issue

Open Chrome

Browse to the URL you're trying to use in the installer

Open the certificate

Do you see the host in the certificate as you're entering it on the installer... or do you see it in a different format - use the format in the cert

i.e. if it contains https://google.com:8443/oo and you're using https://google:8443 it'll fail. 

if the LB URL isnt part of the cert - you'll need to regenerate so that it is

Honored Contributor..

Thank you for the reply.

Central cluster has two node, Host 1 and Host 2 and i try accessing the URL using the LB host name (VIP) and i see that the hostname of HOST2.

Suppose if i use the URL of host2 while installing the RAS, will it support when the host 1 goes done please suggest.

Thanks 

0 Likes

In your ssl cert you need to have a SAN entry for each host and the vip. After you should be able to install using vip.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Thank you very much, could guide how to add an entry please.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

cloud you guide please waiting for more help. have no idea to modify the ssl certificate. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Hi Jarod

Could you guide please

0 Likes

The SSL needs to be generated by a trusted certificate authority. 

When its generated the SAN should include both node names FQDN and the Load Balancer FQDN

i.e.
SAN: central1.company.com
SAN: central2.company.com
SAN: oo.company.com

unfortunately, you won't be able to edit the currently generated certificate as if it were a text document. whatever team provided the SSL needs to regenerate.

If you're using a self-signed certificate - I would suggest registering the RAS during install directly against one of the Centrals and then update the configuration after successful installation to point to the load balancer and setting to ignore SSL

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Hi Jarod,

we are using self signed certificate, we have installed.

As suggest we have registered the RAS to the first central and it is successful. we also able to run using the ras. 

Now i have no idea how to update the certificate, could you please suggest, i have one day time to complete the task, i request once again please suggest.

Many thanks

0 Likes

if you're only using self signed in the env theres no point in updating the cert

wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dmgmt.url=https://loadbalancer:8443/oo
wrapper.java.additional.15=-Dssl.support-self-signed=true

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Thank you 

Can i know which file i should edit, thank you so much for the help.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.