Honored Contributor.. connection Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

RPC is unavailable

Hi All,

I am getting error while run the opreation  remote command excution from base content pack. checked the ports 135 and 445 is opened, RPC and wmi services are up and running, disabled windows firewall as well, still i have problem connecting to remote host. please provide some information to fix the issue.

Remote host is windows xp and i am using OO 10.

Thanks

lokesh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: RPC is unavailable

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum.

Regarding you request:

Could you please tell me the Content Pack version that you are using?

/Library/Operations/Operationg Systems/Windows/Remote Command Execution.

Could you pleas double check the inputs named:

command -
The command you want to execute. Special characters: '<', '>', '(', ')', '&' need to be escaped using the caret ('^') character.  The only exception to this rule is when the '>' character is used to redirect output.

user - Username to use for remote WMI impersonation and thread impersonation on the RAS host for this operation (can be left blank).

Do you receive any error message? Can you share with me the error message?

What command are you using?

Waiting your answer, 

Kind Regards,

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. connection Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I am using just dir command, basically i want to run bat script in windows system.

Here is the error message.

{returnResult=The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA);returnCode=1;Result=;StdErr=;ReturnCode=;sessionId=new session;exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at dotNET_Commons.WMI.WMISearch(String strHost, String strNameSpace, String strQuery, String strUser, String strPass, ImpersonationLevel il, AuthenticationLevel al, String locale)
   at dotNET_Commons.WMI.WMISearch(String strHost, String strNameSpace, String strQuery, String strUser, String strPass)
   at dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution.ThreadedExecution.ExecuteRemoteCommand(Object param);isSessionOn=False;StdOut=;}

Even get service opreation also have same issue from services floder.

Thanks

Lokesh

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Lokesh,

Thank you for share the error message, so regarding this error message I have found the following link that could help you with your current issue:

session;exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4494.troubleshooting-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable.aspx 

I hope this information helps you,

waiting your answer,
Best Regards,

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.