einermart Contributor.
Contributor.

Re-run a flow based on the operation result

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to HP OO. This week I have been developing a flow as part of an "Automation Week" at work. I am running a few queries against a database message hub so based on the data returned, I have a scriptlet that displays success or fail. My question here is how do I create an "else statement" within my flow to have it run again until a get a success result. Right now, I'm having the flow loop 5 times to gather the data. 

Studio_2017-12-08_15-22-31.pngStudio_2017-12-08_15-30-40.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Re: Re-run a flow based on the operation result

Jump to solution

As relent0r suggested a string comparitator would do the job fine.
To mitigate against the infinate loop you could just add another loop breaking out after x number of attempts like you are doing after the sleep.

3 Replies
Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

You could use a string comparator that would run through the flow until the result string equals success.

Though it would create a potentially infinite loop which would be a bad idea.

Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Jump to solution

As relent0r suggested a string comparitator would do the job fine.
To mitigate against the infinate loop you could just add another loop breaking out after x number of attempts like you are doing after the sleep.

einermart Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion. I followed both relent0r and TerrySummers steps to successfully get the result I was looking for. Cheers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.