Absent Member.. AlfraEs Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Register RAS: failure unable to connect to the Central

Hi all,

I'm having problems installing a RAS server 10.10.

On the instalation wizard i fill the Central FQDN, give it the certificate path, user/password for central and test connection before moving to the next step and it returns a sucessefull connection but when I proceed with the instalation I get the error on the attached image.

On the Install.log the error is this:

2014-12-04 11:56:56,016 [INFO ] Register RAS: failure unable to connect to the Central org.springframework.web.client.RestClientException: Could not extract response: no suitable HttpMessageConverter found for response type [interface java.util.Map] and content type [text/plain;charset=UTF-8]

I can open central on the browser on this machine and the connection test says it can reach central, any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
701 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Register RAS: failure unable to connect to the Central

Hello AlfraEs,

I am an Operation Orchestration Support representative; I will be researching according to your concern.

could you please give me a bit more time and I’ll be back as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

Emerson Z

HPOO

0 Likes
701 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello AlfraEs

Regarding this Thread I would like to confirm some information:

> Is running the central?

> Are you installing this standalone RAS on a different server?

>Are you installing the RAS in the same server that Central?

>Are you using the Fully Qualified Domain Name to register or you are using the central URL?

> The user that you are using, Is Administrator?

> Are you using a CA certificate?

>Do you execute the wizard as administrator?

With this information I will be able to start a deeper research and provide you the best answer for this issue.

Best Regard,

Emerson Z

HP OO

0 Likes
Absent Member..

> Is running the central? Yes and the RAS on the central with the server is registered and working

> Are you installing this standalone RAS on a different server? Yes

>Are you installing the RAS in the same server that Central? No

>Are you using the Fully Qualified Domain Name to register or you are using the central URL? Using the FQDN url, https://FQDN_OF_CENTRAL/oo as on the example (when I test the connection on the wizard it says sucessfull

> The user that you are using, Is Administrator? Yes, administrator and even SYS_ADMIN, gave it all the permissions

> Are you using a CA certificate? Yes

>Do you execute the wizard as administrator? Yes

0 Likes
701 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response and provide me the information.

Could you please check the operating system that you are using?

Remember that  If the default certificates were used in Central, you should leave this check box cleared, to

automatically use the self-signed certificate.

On the other hand could you please check the next information:

OO10.10_Configuration and Hardening Guide.pdf :

>Server and Client Certificate Authentication (pag5)

>Importing a Certificate to a RAS Truststore (pag7)

I hope this information help you, but if not don't hesitate to let me know and provide you the best solution for this issue.

Best Regards,

Emerson Z.

HPOO

0 Likes
Absent Member..

The default certificates were used on central but I can't leave that input empty because when I do I get the error:

unable to find valid certification path to request target (500)

0 Likes
701 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello AlfraEs,

I hope you are great today.

I have noticed after research and consult with my OO Team regarding your Thread we think in provide you the best support and the best troubleshooting, currently in this thread you have enough information to start an investigation with a new ticket, please open an Operations Orchestration Support Case and please to refer this thread.

PS: Please provide all information to engineer in charge of your case (screen shots, Logs, A copy flow etc...) and we will able to help you more deeply with this issue.

Kind Regards & waiting your answer.

Emerson Z.

0 Likes
dorsha Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have a load balancer between Central and RAS?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.