bijesh_venugopal Contributor.
Contributor.

Remote Command Execution error

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are trying to execute some windows command using WMI Protocols from Central server to remote server so that coommand given will  execute in remote server.

While executing its working fine from Studio, but while executing from Cental i am getting the following error.

Note: Both Central adn Studio installed in same server.

Error:

(exception=System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again

at dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg)), (returnCode=1), (stdOut=), (returnResult=Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again), (sessionId=new session), (stdErr=), (Result=Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again).

Operation Used:  /Base [1.8.0]/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/Remote Command Execution

Protocol: WMI

Commands tried

1. systeminfo | find /i "Boot Time"
  2. systeminfo | find "OS Name"
  3. tasklist /FO CSV
  4. wmic cpu get loadpercentage /format:htable
  5. systeminfo | find "Available Physical Memory"

Can anyone help me in this issue. 

Note: We are not using any RAS servers here to execute this  command.

Thanks in Advance

Bijesh V

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Remote Command Execution error

Jump to solution

I would suggest to check the user under which the Central server is running. Seems like you rely on .net operations thus you rely on windows based OO worker so go on the services list on the windows machine of your installed central and under the properties locate the user under which the central server is running.

I would suggest from the same machine to trigger wbemtest and while using the same user identified above to target the same remote server (that U use in OO) and to execute one of your desired commands. IF you bump into a similar error like the one from central you will need to eventually identify how come this user is already connected or change to another user (like the user that Studio uses - Studio is run under the user that logged onto the computer - running a command like whoami from studio and central will give you the differences of the two users under which you run the components.

Andrei Vasile Truta
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I would suggest to check the user under which the Central server is running. Seems like you rely on .net operations thus you rely on windows based OO worker so go on the services list on the windows machine of your installed central and under the properties locate the user under which the central server is running.

I would suggest from the same machine to trigger wbemtest and while using the same user identified above to target the same remote server (that U use in OO) and to execute one of your desired commands. IF you bump into a similar error like the one from central you will need to eventually identify how come this user is already connected or change to another user (like the user that Studio uses - Studio is run under the user that logged onto the computer - running a command like whoami from studio and central will give you the differences of the two users under which you run the components.

Andrei Vasile Truta
bijesh_venugopal Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Andrei ,

Thanks for your sugegstion, Let me try this and will get back with the results.

have a happy weekend 🙂

Bijesh V

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.