J. Maestre Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Remote Command Execution errors on HPOO 10.20

I've installed OO 10.20 Central on Linux (RHEL) and Studio on Windows, including all the content packs bundled in the DVD.

I'm creating a few test flows that require remote execution of commands on Linux and Windows servers, and while those on Linux work, remote execution on Windows is giving some problems.

One issue I'm finding is that I'm not really sure about what version of Remote Command Execution I should use for remote Windows servers. There's:

-Base[1.3.0]\Library\Operations\Remote Command Execution\Remote Command Execution

-Base[1.3.0]\Library\Operations\Remote Command Execution\Remote Command

-Base[1.3.0]\Library\Operations\Operating Systems\Windows\Remote Command Execution

The third one (the one under "Windows") seems to be specific for Windows (as expected) and doesn't have inputs to choose the protocol, but when using that on a flow, after connecting the outputs and filling the inputs I always get a "The operation this step links to has problems".

If I use the first one (Remote Command Execution), same thing happens: "The operation this step links to has problems".

So that leaves me with the second option: Remote Command. Using that one doesn't show errors on Studio, but fails to run. The error I get both debugging from Studio (connected to Central) or from Central after importing the flow as content pack is:

Failed to execute action via IActionRegistry: com.hp.oo:oo-dotnet-web-actions-plugin:${self.version}/dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution May be caused by using a non-windows RAS

I've barely no experience with OO, but I know that running Sitescope on Linux has some limitations regarding remote actions on Windows servers. Is that the case too with OO on Linux?

If there are no limitations in that regard, why could it be that this is failing? (Both the execution of Remote Execution, and the errors when using the other two Remote Execution flows).

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
J. Maestre Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Remote Command Execution errors on HPOO 10.20

OK, it seems a Windows RAS is required to run stuff on Windows servers 😕

I still don't know why those flows are showing errors on Studio, though, but considering that I won't be using a RAS and hence can't use those flows, that's not really important right now.

0 Likes
ThiagoPaysan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm newbie at DCAA and I'm facing the same problem, in order to execute .net operations on DCAA HP-OO v10.20 inside a Linux Template (OVF file).

But the most interesting thing is that whe installation files available to download: OVF and .ZIP that came with this product, only has the Studio Windows Installation package (installer-win64-studio.exe). It doesn't have the RAS Windows Installation package. So I was not able to install a Windows RAS to try to solve this problem, I only have the RAS service on the linux machine.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem ?

0 Likes
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/Remote Command

/Library/Operations/Operating Systems/Windows/Remote Command Execution

operations requires a RAS on Windows since they have dependencies on Microsoft .NET libraries.  

This means if you are on Linux OO Central and want to execute commands against Windows target systems you need to have a Windows RAS connected to Linux OO Central.

/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/Remote Command is the generic operation I would use in case the target systems can be Windows or Linux.

HTH,

Lucian

0 Likes
Absent Member.. HPisT Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We ran in to the same problem. We received mixed messages about whether we are "entitled" to a RAS server since we own DCAA and not OO itself. You have to download OO from here and it will imply it's a purchase but we never had to input a credit card. 

I have an inclination that HPE didn't really think through the details when offering the DCAA (bundling of OO and SA) since there isn't a clear update path (we reallly want the benefits of OO 10.6) & are not clear on OO RAS.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.