Junedi_miaj
New Member.

Remote Command Operator not working

Hello Experts,

I am working on accessing details of Active directory member group with the following command - 

dsquery user -name "abc" | dsget user -memberof -expand

here "abc" is the user name in Active directory.

This command is working fine and giving me the values but when run using Remote Command Execution Operation (/Base [1.8.0]/Library/Operations/Operating Systems/Windows/Remote Command Execution) it is failing with the following error. - 

{exception=System.Exception: Error occured while executing command. Process Return Code: '-2147016672'. StdErr may have more information.
at dotNETWebActions_RemoteExecution.RemoteExecution.Execute(ActionRequest req, ISession s, IActionRegistry reg);StdErr=dsquery failed:The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated.
type dsquery /? for help.;returnCode=1;ProcessReturnCode=-2147016672;returnResult=Error occured while executing command. Process Return Code: '-2147016672'. StdErr may have more information.;StdOut=;ReturnValue=0;ProcessID=5820;sessionId=new session;isSessionOn=False;Result=dsquery failed:The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated.
type dsquery /? for help.;}

Any idea how to execute this command and by which operator?

Regards,

MIAJ

0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Remote Command Operator not working

Are you running this from Studio or Central?

I wonder if making sure that Central/Studio/RAS are running with a domain user will fix the problem.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

we are also facing the same issue while we are exexcuting the command from both studio and central server

Here is the command: set | findstr LOGON 

could anyone help me on this

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Is it for sure the same error?

The above mentioned error seems to be specific to dsquery itself which needs to be in general triggered from an elevated command prompt 

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.