Highlighted
Visitor.

Remotely launch flow - How to get UUID?

Hi all,

For reasons that are too long to go into we are only now moving from HPOO 9.07 to OO 2019-07.
It is good the upgrade process I drew up around 3 years ago to go to 10.60 does not seem to have changed.

HOWEVER, we have Linux and Windows boxes which use rsFlowInvoke/JRSFlowInvoke to invoke flows.
I understand OOSH replaces that, but that seems to be based on the UUID vs /Library/My Ops Flows/Terry/TestFlow format.

Under version 10.60 the rsFlowInvoke/JRSFlowInvoke method of calling flows was still there, but depreciated (So could disappear at any point).

So now to my questions,
1) Under 2019-07 is the rsFlowInvoke/JRSFlowInvoke method of calling flows still depreciated but usaable? (I have to ask)
2) Does Rest API allow us to use a Content Pack/Path/Flow sort of paths as opposed to the UUID?
3) How do we get the UUID of a flow? (I'm assuming REST API, but worth asking the question)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
Terry

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Remotely launch flow - How to get UUID?

It seems that there is no direct way to get UUID from the flow in the OO 10.x.
The not-so-direct way is to use the rest API:

GET /flows/tree/level
( https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:2019.07/FlowLibrary )

You can get a list of all the flows in a folder with the UUID, Then you can parse the API output and filter by the flow name to get its UUID .

Or maybe you can submit a idea in Idea Exchange https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Idea/idb-p/OO_Idea_Exchange, to ask for a feature for OOSH to invoke a flow by its path.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.