Established Member.. mlenze
Established Member..

Rest Wizard with Swagger 2.0 JSON file

Jump to solution

Hi All

I've been attempting to build a set of operations for a tool (Avi Networks load balancer) that has API documentation in Swagger 2.0 format.  The load balancer itself has yaml files available for each API, and since it seems like the rest-wizard wants json format, I've converted them using the online tool at editor.swagger.io.

rest-wizard is giving an error of "Unable to locate resources" when trying to use the file.  In rest-wizard.log I'm only seeing a java.lang.NullPointerException.  I've attempted to modify the basePath in the json to include a full URL to the base api entry point, but that doens't seem to be making a difference.  I've also tried pointing rest-wizard directly to the yaml on the load balancer, but that gives the same "Unable to locate resources" message.  I've also built some calls directly in Studio to the API and don't have any problems with authentication, returning data, etc, but was hoping not to have to build all of the operations for this manually if possible.

Has anyone run in to something like this, or have an idea of what to check for? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks,
Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rest Wizard with Swagger 2.0 JSON file

Jump to solution

Hello,

Swagger 2.0 is currently not officially supported by the REST Wizard and due to the changes from 1.2 to 2.0 the REST Wizard cannot parse Swagger 2.0 file. I suggest to open a support case to help us track and prioritize this requirement.

Best regards,

Lucian

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

Swagger 2.0 is currently not officially supported by the REST Wizard and due to the changes from 1.2 to 2.0 the REST Wizard cannot parse Swagger 2.0 file. I suggest to open a support case to help us track and prioritize this requirement.

Best regards,

Lucian

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information Lucian.

I've opened enhancement request 5315582413  for swagger 2.0 support in rest-wizard.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. antonnoble77 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Is Swagger 2.0 supported in the latest version of Studio?? 10.70??  I know I'm running 10.50 which obviously does not support 2.0.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

It's not yet supported in 10.70. I suggest to raise an ER to HPE support to be added.

Lucian

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

It looks like the ER that I'd previously filed is in a "deffered" state (https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR8C32732 ).  Is there any way to follow up on why that is, or what that means?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.