Absent Member.. DBR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Run HPSA OGFS Script from OO

How can you run a HPSA OGFS script from OO?  I know how to do a rosh command but we have HPSA OGFS scripts that I would like to run in OO.

Thanks!

Don

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Contributor.. ChristineB Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Run HPSA OGFS Script from OO

Checking with SA support, SA OGFS scripts can be run via the OCC and can be run via SA GlobalShell.  With OO, the "remote command execution" allows several protocol "connections", one being SA GlobalShell.  So, if you can connect to SA via GlobalShell and execute an OGFS script, then you should be able to use the OO "remote command execution" operation, using protocol=GlobalShell.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I guess my next question would be how to you run a OGFS script from the OGFS shell?  I have a script called testOGFS.ogfs stored in SA at /.  It takes no arguments.

Thanks,

Don

0 Likes
Contributor.. ChristineB Contributor..
Contributor..

Unfortunately, I'm not an SA expert so I'm unfamiliar with syntax of executing an OGFS script from the SA GlobalShell.  If I'm remembering correctly, there's a dropdown option from the SA OCC for logging onto the SA GlobalShell.  You may need to check with SA Support on the syntax on executing a OGFS script from SA GlobalShell.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. houstonhopkins Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Don,

You should be able to imitate anything of the basic connections you can do with a terminal emulator (putty/reflections) with the Remote Command Execution.

For OGFS make sure you connect to port 2222 and use your HP SA credentials to authenticate (not necessarily root).

I always try to make sure I know the steps taken outside of OO. Then I go into OO to try to replicate what I just did manually.

Remote Command Execution is a friendly "catch all" when calling scripts and native OS command line

good luck,

Houston

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Houston,

I find another (correct) way of doing this.

I am using a HPOO "SSH Command", to the core server on port 2222 and I then am running the below command.

cd /opsw/api/com/opsware/script/OGFSScriptService/method; ./.startOGFSScript\:i self:n='${scriptName}' "args={timeout=60 tailOutputSize=10}"

The above command gives you the jobID that will run the actual command.  I then wait on the job, check its Status and then check the returned string for success.  This is all in one flow.

My script is saved as a OGFS script inside of SA.

Thanks for your help!

Don

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.