DaveClark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running PSWizard first time

I'm a new OO user and working with my first Studio session.

I've created a PowerShell script to add entries to the Windos\drivers\etc\hosts file and want to use that as a workflow. 

From what I gather, I need to add the Powershell Plugin by downloading a content pack.  My HP Passport doesn't have permissions to download any Plugins, so I"m working on getting that resolved.

In the mean time, I see in the \studio\tools folder, there is a ps-wizard.bat.  When I run that, I get a dialog box labeled PowerShell Wizard 10.51.  This dialog is prompting me for a hostname and credentials.  There is nothing I find that tells me what HostName it's asking for and why it needs to connect to anything in the first place!

The wizard defaults to localhost, but if I add my credentials to my local system, it fails with 'Cannot connect to target PowerShelHost'.

Maybe I am taking the wrong apprach here, but the documentation HP produces for this product is seriously lacking when it comes to a new user getting started with the tools.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Running PSWizard first time

For what you described the Base content pack would be enough to have, and that is becuase the BAse CP contains a powershell script operation where you will be able to provide the script you already created.

That one is availabe either here  or by downloading the OO CE that contains the Base content pack too.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
scuda20 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Running PSWizard first time

To answer your question regarding credentials, the username/password are the credentials of the system you want to run the PS on. In other words, if you are just testing locally you can get away with

Host: localhost, username <your login>, password <your password>, port 8985, Auth Type <default or negotiate>, don't check ssl

If you are doing servers, you will need to select the modules in the next step i.e. load exchange plugin for exchange commands.

If you want to run it remote, just fill in the necessary credentials and IP. In order to do that, you will need to setup remoting and appropriate wmi settings.

There is a HTTPS_Remote_powershell_for_dummies pdf under the OO 10.22 documentation that is good for understanding the configurations.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.