Absent Member.. Kevin Tessier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SNMPTRAP Operation error in Operations Orchestration

I am trying to use the snmptrap operation to send a simple trap with one varbind to a mgmt station. The snmptrap ation has many required fields one of which is varbindType AND IS POPULATED BY A pull down list. Im selecting string. When i run the flow after polpulating the other fields the flow eror outs with not  alot of info the error message  "Empty Transition description" and the trap is not sent. If i remove that as a reuired field the flow runs error free but only sends the trap header and no varbind info which I believe is because it doesnt know the varbind type. Has anyone used this before and if so what am I doing wrong. I am using the sample snmptrap flow provided with operations just adding in my data values.

destinationIpAddress Value: 10.238.171.133

port Value: 162

communityName Value: public

SenderOid Value: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1310.2.13.

senderIp Value: 10.238.171.185

trapType Value: 6

specificType Value: 2

timeStamp Value: 123456

timeOut Value: 90

varbindID Value: 1.3.6.6.3.1.1310.3.3.1.0

varbindValue Value: 98; 10.238.171.185; HDCHPOO; HPOO; 23878; KEEPALIVE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. davidnlarkin72 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SNMPTRAP Operation error in Operations Orchestration

I apologize in advance for asking the "obvious"... You do have an SMTP server setup on your OO system right?

David Larkin
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. Philippe GAONAC Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: SNMPTRAP Operation error in Operations Orchestration

Hi,

Have you find a solution ?

I hope so, since all the time passed !

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.