New Member..

SSH Shell generating space while executing the command

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
New Member.. swetha nune
New Member..

Re: SSH Shell generating space while executing the command

I’m facing issues with SSH Shell execution. The values passing to the flow are perfectly fine. But, while executing the command through SSH Shell it is generating space in a variable value due to which the command is failing. After working days on this issue we found some solution and applied. Even then, the issue is really strange that it works intermittent, we cannot predict when it works and when it doesn’t. Also, I'm facing frequent timeout issues while executing the flows with SSH Command and Shell operations.

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Can you provide more info? Screenshots of the flow and why not even a sample of it will help. spaces added to variables can occur to various reasons during flow authoring.

It would help to understand also the timeout issues aspect in case there are some reproduction steps.

Andrei

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
imthekrish Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

HP really need to fix these two operation..  such an unstable, not reliable operations these are. They dont give proper exit code of the script. No such file or directory is not caught as an error.  SSH SHELL prints everything from terminal including variable marked as sensitive. Operation fails when running a script which has wait or sleep. expect is such a crap .... expect works on one server and fails on other. NOT RELIABLE TOOL AT ALL, sorry !

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Did you manage to open support tickets with full details in regard to these problems?

If not I suggest you do so; It is the proper way to fully track it and have it investigated

AS far as I understand there are multiple things being raised thus multiple tickets should be opened for a better prioritization.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.