Highlighted
cmarianne Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SSH command : timeout: socket is not established

Hi all,

I have a poroblem with the SSH Command Operation. I try to connect to a server but I randomly have this error:

ReturnResult=timeout: socket is not established

my parameters:

pty: true

timeout:150000

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

My environment :

HPOO 9.07 

Windows 2008 R2

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Clément

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SSH command : timeout: socket is not established

Hi,

With the information given its not possible to say what the issue is.  This issue happens pretty much excactly why it says - we tried to create a socket to the remote host and it took longer than the acceptable value.

I would recommend opening a support case if this is intermitent as it can take some time to work through.

To debug here are some of the things todo.

1. Look at the remote server and see if the connection made it that far.  Look for any errors in the Remote SSh target logs.

2.  Increase Logging - This can be done with the help of support but requires a restart.

3. Use a network capture tool - which may provide more detail.

Also it was not noted above what content pack you are at.  If its not fairly current I would recommend applying the newest - The 3rd party library was updated a few content packs ago.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.