Valued Contributor.. smcgive Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Scheduled Flows Do Not Execute in Run Explorer, But Show Previous Run in Scheduler at Scheduled Time

I have several flows scheduled in the Scheduler Tab, the flows show on the scheduler tab and the Previous Run time shows the flow ran at the scheduled time, but the flow did not execute and show running or status in the Run Explorer Tab. Logs do not show any evidence of an execution at the time the flow was scheduled. I can manually execute these scheduled flows, and they will execute and show up in the Run Explorer as running.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Scheduled Flows Do Not Execute in Run Explorer, But Show Previous Run in Scheduler at Scheduled

Hello,

I hope you are doing great.

First, I will need to know which version of OO are using?

Is the issue happening with all the flows? what happen if you try to schedule the flow in another browser?

If you try to schedule the flows with other user with all the permissions, the Issue is still happenning?

If you check the logs, what do you find?

Cheers,

Kevin Bagnarello

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Scheduled Flows Do Not Execute in Run Explorer, But Show Previous Run in Scheduler at Scheduled

Do you have LDAP integration configured? If so, run a test on the integration account ("System Configuration -> Security -> LDAP -> (Select LDAP Config Name) -> Test. You want to see all three ("Authentication", "Configuration", "Groups") process successfully - if ("Configuration") fails I've seen jobs in my env fail. --- if any fail re-enter the password for your integration account and try again.

To overcome this issue I've created an internal user for scheduling purposes. and an insert/update trigger to assign jobs to that user 

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

I am running OO version 10.8. We do use LDAP Integration for Authentication. I am using a user account that has full admin access to schedule the flows. I have recreated the schedules, made small changes to the schedules, and they still do not execute at the scheduled time, but they will show in the scheduler tab as having executed at the scheduled time in the Previous run column. The logs do not give any information on the issue that I am able to identify.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Looks like I missed these errors in the general.log that I am not familiar with:

2018-08-18 14:29:04,246 [local-scheduler-persisted_Worker-16] (SymmetricEncryptor.java:106) ERROR - Decrypt failed
javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Invalid padding.
        at com.rsa.cryptoj.o.gc.engineDoFinal(Unknown Source)
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(Cipher.java:2165)
        at com.hp.onyx.commons.encryption.SymmetricEncryptor.doDecrypt(SymmetricEncryptor.java:104)
        at com.hp.onyx.commons.encryption.SymmetricEncryptor.decrypt(SymmetricEncryptor.java:93)
        at com.hp.oo.licensing.services.LicensingServiceImpl.getCurrentCapacity(LicensingServiceImpl.java:528)
        at com.hp.oo.licensing.services.LicensingServiceImpl.createReportLicenseInfo(LicensingServiceImpl.java:683)
        at com.hp.oo.licensing.services.LicensingServiceImpl.report(LicensingServiceImpl.java:158)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor568.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
        at com.hp.oo.authzn.interceptors.PrivilegeFilterInterceptor.invoke(PrivilegeFilterInterceptor.java:70)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
        at org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:68)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:208)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy213.report(Unknown Source)
        at com.hp.oo.licensing.interceptors.AddonApiInterceptor.invoke(AddonApiInterceptor.java:24)
        at com.hp.oo.authzn.interceptors.PrivilegeFilterInterceptor.invoke(PrivilegeFilterInterceptor.java:70)
        at org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:68)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:208)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy230.getAllNewNotificationRequests(Unknown Source)
        at com.hp.oo.notifications.jobs.MailNotificationDeliveryJob.sendNotifications(MailNotificationDeliveryJob.java:47)
        at com.hp.oo.notifications.jobs.MailNotificationDeliveryJob.lambda$execute$0(MailNotificationDeliveryJob.java:36)
        at com.hp.oo.authzn.InternalProcessSecurityTemplateImpl.invokeSecured(InternalProcessSecurityTemplateImpl.java:21)
        at com.hp.oo.notifications.jobs.MailNotificationDeliveryJob.execute(MailNotificationDeliveryJob.java:34)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

You might consider opening a formal support case so a support engineer can step through your env with you.

but... have you performed any actions recently (truncated tables, modified configuration files, modified DB configuration fields)? if so can you provide a description of the changes you've made?

I'm happy to assist in a screen share - my email is somewhere below

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.