ZiedZ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script Perl in HP OO

Jump to solution

I have a problem with HP OO when i try to execute a Perl script. some one can help me please !! 

Capture.PNG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZiedZ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Script Perl in HP OO

Jump to solution

Thank you Irevnic, I found the solution, I need to install the Perl compiler on Windows, but why HP does not  an internal Perl compiler integrated in HP OO ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Zied,

We need more details. Can you please attach your log file or the full exception stack?

What is the OO and OO Base CP you are using here?

Thank you,

Lucian

0 Likes
ZiedZ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you Irevnic, I found the solution, I need to install the Perl compiler on Windows, but why HP does not  an internal Perl compiler integrated in HP OO ?

0 Likes
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Good that you managed to solve the issue.

Historically there were legal issues on distributing it (eg for Windows) and a technical one (why deliveryin Perl for Linux and for Windows if users systems are on Linux only?)  I'll take your feedback to the team.

Best regards,

Lucian 

gk3
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hello ZiedZ,

Which Perl compiler for Windows did you install? I am asking because there a different ones for Windows, e.g.

• ActiveState Perl
  • Strawberry Perl
  • etc.

and it would be interesting which one you choose.

Thanks,
Günter

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.