thiagotank
New Member.

Script Shell

Hello, I'm having a hard time using OO to run a remote shell script.
I'm using version 10.80. I'm using the "shell file run", there are many steps and making it complex.
This returned me the following error "did not match the command formatting injection" This is my script
Would there be some function in the simplest OO to run the script?  

0 Likes
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Script Shell

what is the exact flow and content pack that you are using for this scenario?

it seems that you are running something that is protected by the command injection  - something that I personally find in the remediation cp - /Library/Remediation/Utilities/Security/Check Injection.

you can check the scriptlet on this operation in case you want to see what it does.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Script Shell

I found the name "command injection" in the evaluator /Base [...]/Configuration/System Evaluators/command injection.

Not sure if is the same you are using, or is a custom one., more details are needed. As mentionaed by Andrei, you can open it to check for details.

Also you mention "shell file run" and on screenshoot is show "Shell File on Linux", I cannot found neither of them on Micro Focus Marketplace. Problably is custom content in your enviroment. Again difficult to help without more details.

About options to run a remote shell script, you can take a look to /Base [...]/Library/Operations/Operating Systems/Linux/Scripts/Samples/Remote Script Runner I've never personally used them. Just execute a script on a remote host by ssh is quite simple with operations /Base [...]/Library/Operations/Remote Command Execution/SSH/v2.0/SSH Command or SSH Shell; depending if script is already present on remote host or not, you can just execute it, or first create it on the fly (again different options, 'echo' inside ssh step, copy file from other source, remove file or not after execution, ...)

Regards,

Ramon

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.