GaryTheRockn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Select File Dialog

How, in HPOO, do I create a pop up dialog box to select a file?  Right now the box I'm using requires the user to entire the entire path and file name of the file I want to read.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Select File Dialog

Hi,

It is not possible to get the file browser pop-up during flow execution, however if you already know what files/paths are possible for that step it is possible to prompt the user with a selection from the list of files.

The selection prompt can be done  by using selection lists or flow variables. Let us know a bit more about your usecase and we will try to help you out further.

Regards,

Vlad

0 Likes
GaryTheRockn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I built a general purpose flow that sends a command via ssh to sets of servers, using a file the user selects, each line containing the set name, the server list, and the command to send.  Unfortunately I can't predict where they would have put the file.

While testing the flow I was pasting in the full path with the file name.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

In this case the only good/simple solution is to prompt for the path to the file.  

You could do something more complicated like asking the filesystem to find the file containing the data you need and prompt all found files, however that is more complicated and error prone.

Regards,

Vlad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.