Absent Member.. ZachShupp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sending Attachments to HPSM via HPOO 10.22

Evening Everyone,

Im currently working on some automation that requires me to interact with HPSM 9.3, I have gotten everything working with the exception of adding attachments. I am able to get it working with SoupUI but when I use the 'Invoke Method 2' or the 'Http Client (2.0)' operations i get nothing attached. I have noticed that when I use SoapUI i have to attache the file in the GUI and that is one area i dont understand what its doing, below is the attachment string that works in SOAPUI.

<com:attachment xm:contentType="application/octet-stream" 
	href="" 
	contentId="OOResolve.txt" 
	len="484861" 
	action="add" 
	name="OOResolve.txt" 
	attachmentType=""></com:attachment> 

Has anyone worked with attaching items to HPSM using HPOO? I have tried changing name to the full path along with contentID and it still dosent change. I have also tried unc paths and changing it to a path on the ras server. I have asked our SM tean and none of them have worked with other Applications sending attachments.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Bridges Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Sending Attachments to HPSM via HPOO 10.22

I've spent time working on this and even opened a case with HP on it.  I did the same as you, getting it to work with SoapUI and using the invoke method 2 and http client.  HP was no help.  The issue went to a enhancement request, which is now deferred QCCR8C29494. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I can open another ticket, did you end up with a work around or did you just give up on it?
0 Likes
lrevnic Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You can use the ID of the ER above to add you as a "mee:to" user requesting the ER. In adition if this is a blocker  for you I suggest to ask HPE Support for an hotfix.

We (OO R&D) will do our best to fulfil your needs.

Best regards,

Lucian

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I haven't done anything with it yet.  It was deferred two weeks ago.   I think it would be great if you could add your comments or your interest.  I think this functionality should be supported between these two HP products. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

This was a blocking issue for me when I opened the ticket and it went back and forth with R&D.  The best was the approval of the enhancement request which is now deferred.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

So after looking at the raw SoapUI I see its sending a multipartBodies request. Is that how you were doing it? Im trying to set up the http client now but the documentation on how to set it up with the operation is very short and hard to understand.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes.  Invoke method 2 doesn't support muti-part request.  Also, with HP a mutli-post was tried and a 200 was received, but the ticket was not created in SM.  That is the reason HP stated the ER was created.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

What about the http client? I see if handles muti-part bodies.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes, but if you can get it to work give it a try.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.