Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Set Selection List Operation

Hello. Trying to use the set selection list operation but it fails with  'feature not implemented exception'. My understanding is that i probably have not installed the oo patch 9.03 and above. How do i know which patches are installed on the central service. I am running version 2019.07 of central and studio. Here is the error :-

{exception=AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.apache.commons.lang.NotImplementedException: this feature is not yet implemented
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:tcap105zatcwi

org.apache.commons.lang.NotImplementedException: this feature is not yet implemented
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:10

Please help! Thanking you in advance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Set Selection List Operation

Are you creating a new selection list or attempting to update an existing/ already deployed selection list? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks Jarod,

I am updating an existing list.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi JarodMB, do you have any idea on what the issue could be? Please. It will help me tremendously. Thank you Jarod!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I'm able to successfully update using "Micro Focus Solutions [2.0.1]" CP on 2019.07

Is your connection config valid? Did you explicitly set things like protocol and port or are you taking the defaults - are the defaults valid (http/8080)?

Is your Central cert self signed? 

Are you setting login creds for the operation? 

My environment is behind a load balancer and signed SSL using domain account creds for execution. 

My testing steps:

Load "Micro Focus Solutions [2.0.1]" CP to Studio
Deploy "Micro Focus Solutions [2.0.1]" CP to Central
Create a blank project
Create a selection list
Deploy project to Central
Create a flow to update selection list
Debug flow against Central

To execute I set (host, port, protocol, username, password, name, values, delimiter) - I removed the rest of the inputs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Jarrod,
Thanks so, so much! Will give this a try.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I see you are using the SOAP API to set selection list. Are you targeting an OO 9 or the OO 2019.07 environment?

If you are trying to target the 2019.07 environment using the SOAP API calls might indeed not work as most (if not all) of the soap API endpoints for OO 10.x / 20xx.xx have been deprecated.  In case you are targeting the OO 2019.07 environment either use the OOTB  operations from Microfocus Solutions contentpack, or based on the OO API guide build the request using HTTP Client V2 operations from the base content pack.

If targeting an OO 9 environment  you are bound by the limitations of your OO 9 environment and if the feature to update selection lists at runtime is not available there is nothing to be done about it.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks Vlad. Will give your suggestion a whirl. Targeting a 2019.07 environment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks Jarrod,
Tried your solution but still receive the same error –
faultString: org.apache.commons.lang.NotImplementedException: this feature is not yet implemented.
In the set selection list operation’s description reference is made to ‘This is available for OO patch 9.03 or above.' . Where in OO central can I check which patches are applied? For me it almost seems as if I have something missing on OO central.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Vladm, The operation is using the SOAP API. Unless there is a way to control which API the operation uses. JarodMB had success with this operation. JarodMB can you please confirm whether your test used the SOAP API as well?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.