GWilko Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Set Selection List - Syntax for referencing a selection list

It seems so simple but I'm missing something. 

I'm reading device groups from HPSA as a comma delimited list and I want to write them to a Selection List, so using the "Set Selection List" from the "HPE Solutions [1.13.0]" but can't work out the syntax to reference my selection list ? 

Debugging it, The Step Result Inspector tells me "The selection list provided was not found." The Context Inspector shows my empty selection list. OO version is 10.60

What is the best way to write this info into a selection list ?

Cheers

Graeme

0 Likes
4 Replies
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Set Selection List - Syntax for referencing a selection list

Hello Gwilko,

Could you please provide some screenshots on how you're configuring the selection list? This would help to understand the issue.

Regards,

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

SetSelectionList.JPG

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

If I manually add the values to my selection list it works fine, only issue I have is trying to get the "Set Selection List" to update my Selection List.

SetSelectionList2.JPG

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I am using the latest 2018.05 Central and it works

The response of the Operation when triggered from studio

{result=The temp selection list was updated;exception=;returnCode=0;returnResult=486bd654-de19-4473-bc12-01e96af01a17;sessionId=;Result=Selection list was successfully set;}

Selection List after running the Operation you mentioned.

it can be seen that the default value was 1,2,3 and the new value was a,b,c

{"id":140700011,"key":"temp","type":"SELECTION_LIST","value":"a|b|c","defaultValue":"1|2|3","customValue":"a|b|c","referencedId":"temp"}

you need to make sure the selection list exists in the central

what OO version are you using?

Andrei Vasile Truta
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.