Commander Commander
Commander

Set starting Flow Run Id / Execution ID

Hello.

We want to install a fresh version of Operations Orchestration Central.

We are using another System with a database in which we store the Flow Run IDs of Flow Runs to have a unique key. If the new Central starts with Flow Run Ids from the default start number we will get duplicate entries in the other system which will cause a lot of havoc.

Therefore we are looking for a way to set the starting Flow Run Id aka Execution ID in the DB in Central to a specific number. Is there a "official" configuration or a dirty hack to do this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind Regards

-- Sascha

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sascha,

There isn't an official way to set the starting Run ID. You can create an Idea to add such feature in future release on the Idea Exchange portal: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Idea/idb-p/OO_Idea_Exchange

I hope this information finds you well. 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Hello, Carlos.

Thanks for your answer.

I will create an idea.

But I'm surprised that I'm the first person, which encountered this issue.

Is there maybe an "inofficial" way to do this? I guess that somewhere should the seed of the Execution ID or the last used Execution ID be stored. Or is this a identity column in some table? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

-- Sascha

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.