Absent Member.. Johnno_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Setting System Property doe snot immediaetly reflect across multiple Central Servers

In a clustered (x2) Central v 10.10 environment fed through a hardware load balancer, I have an operaton in a flow that gets its own RunID (Generate Run URL Operation) and sets a System Proptery (Set system Property Operation) to record that RunID, when the flow executes again it checks the system property value (Get Status for Runs Operation) for the RunID of the last execution and sees if the last time the flow had run was Completed, still Running etc. This a quick mechanism to prevent the next execution of the flow if the last one was still Running.

The problem is that the host value for the - Set system Property Operation - we have to specifc as the VIP name on the load balancer, so it may hit any Central in the cluster, and it sets the System Property there. We specificy the value to persist in the Database. When the flow executes the - Get Status for Runs Operation - once again the host value is the VIP name and this operation may in fact hit another Central server and the System Property we set on the onther Central server has not 'replicated' to it and we get an older value.

I can immediately see this, as I browse to the 2 Central servers and in the UI at the same time, the System PRoperty has in fact 2 differing values.

So the question is, how does a System Property get updated between multiple Central servers? what mechanism is there and how often does it get replicated? can it be forced to be replicated?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.