Dondon22 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Slow OO Studio 9.07 response when creating a flow

Hi!

I noticed my OO studIo 9.07 response becomes slower as I progress on my flow creation, the bigger the flow the slower the response... is this normal? I mean to the point of typing values on step parameters takes seconds to appear character by character...

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks in advance...

OO Version is 9.07 build: 201410291512 patch: 9.07.0009

Central runs in RHEL 6.2

DB Oracle 11g on RHEL 6.2

Don 🙂

In IT there is no Magic, just Logic ^_^
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Slow OO Studio 9.07 response when creating a flow

As the resources grow with the flow creation process and due to the fact that Studio also relies on the underlining JVM version and its garbage collection capabilities, it is normal to experience some slowness for bigger flows.

We reccomend taking a look at the "Best Practices for Authors" document on the HPE LN portal, where you can find some best practices on how to effectively build your flows in order to avoid such situations (eg: splitting the logic into more subflows)

https://lnast01pcache.saas.hpe.com/asset/resources/pd/oo/odx1459954698/Content_Authoring_BP_.pdf

Additioanlly, depending on your situation, we encourage you to try the latest OO 10.x Studio where we have performend some performance improvements to the Studio Authoring canvas and infrastructure.

HTH,

Adi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.