Respected Contributor.. Devildiablo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Step Output question

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Still learning OO,so please be patient

In a flow I am working on I am running a unix shell script via a Telnet command. When the script runs it produces 10 lines of data. After the telnet command step I have a string comparator to match line 10 in the result so I can confirm the sh script completed as expected.

Usually this works fine  but I have an intermittent problem where the result will only capture the first 4-5 lines. and the resul is missing the rest.. The shell script does fully complete so its just the putput not being captured.

Hope this makes sense

Any advice offered is greatly appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Step Output question

Jump to solution

Hello,

You could also try storing the result of the script to a .txt file and then add the "Read From File" operation (to read the content of the txt file) to the flow, this way you will ensure you will be checking the whole result of the script all the time and not partially.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Try adding to the command
echo OUTPUTBEGIN; command; echo $?; echo OUTPUTEND

If its not getting to the return code or the OUTPUTEND you'll know you're disconnecting too soon after execution of the command

0 Likes
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

You could also try storing the result of the script to a .txt file and then add the "Read From File" operation (to read the content of the txt file) to the flow, this way you will ensure you will be checking the whole result of the script all the time and not partially.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.