Honored Contributor.. RiverRat_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Studio 10.80 - seeing outbound WSDL / REST POST/GET transactions ?

I have a vague recollection that Studio had a feature added to it that allowed you to see what Studio was sending for a WSDL transaction to an external API endpoint.  Critical when you're looking to makes sure the WSDL XML is formatted correctly over a HTTPS connection.  

I can't find a reference on how to enable that ... I'm pretty sure I'm not dreaming 🙂

Does anything like that exist for a REST calls ?? Like HTTP Client Posts and Gets ... I've hit a weird situation where on Studio v1.0 HTTP Client GET passing in a HTTP Header of "Content-Type: application/json" works like it should but on a v1.0 HTTP Client POST a passed in content-type header does nothing.  I have to use the OO step contentType input field with application/json or whatver the content type is.  Very annoying.  I'd love to see what Studio is sending out for the fully formatted REST call to the API endpoint to see what the difference is.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Honored Contributor..

Re: Studio 10.80 - seeing outbound WSDL / REST POST/GET transactions ?

Found it for the WSDL.  It's on the Invoke Method 2 call.  Just make returnXMLRequest equal to true.

REST steps unfortunately doesn't have anything like that. 

I have a situation where I'm creating a content pack for Citrix NetScaler calls but I have to use the OO Base CP v1.0 HTTP Client steps/operations.  The v2.0 steps/operations don't work.  The inputs to v2.0 are obvious different but basically URL and HTTP headers for a GET call.  The v1.0 call to pull servers using the NITRO_AUTH_TOKEN cookie from the Netscaler ... works fine.

The v2.0 HTTP Client Get step using the same Cookie header ... I always get authentication failed.

Ugh.

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

are you able to provide some screenshots of how you configured the v1 and how you configured the v2 operations to target the citrix netscaler. maybe there is something we can spot directly on it.

I do not recall for the v2 operations to have limitations.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi RiverRat_1,

Have you submited any case to Support on v2 operations? We can check on the case for the inputs if you already did submit a case.

Thanks,

Lucian

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

No I haven't recreated a support case.  Don't plan to.  Already moved on 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.