Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Studio Not Connecting to Public Repo

Hello, not sure what's happening but basically my studio 9.x won't connect from a remote machine to the 9.x central repository. the remote machine can open and login into the central. Its just that Studio will not open the central repo. But it does open it if am in Studio local to central. If it makes any difference I did install OO 10x Central and Studio on the 9.x box, but I have it disabled/not running. 9.x remote stuido and 9.x central on on the same network. ports are not blocked (8443). Windows firewall is turned off for non-public networks.

Also , if I want to connect to a different public repo that requires a different set of credentials, shouldn't it be prompting me for credentials instead of denying me access?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Re: Studio Not Connecting to Public Repo

The Studio log file should give you an idea whats wrong. There could be a number of things.
Can you attach it?

For your second question it would be nice if it asked you for a new set of credentials, but i know of no way to get it to do that.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks for the reply.

This seems to be the optimal clue?

ERROR [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-2] (13:57:24,820) com.iconclude.dharma.app.OperationStudio - Could not get the server's response for URL: https://somehost.com:8443/PAS/studio?service=login, reason: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

As for the other question, I could almost swear it used to prompt me for a user name and password when I would try to connect to a different repo on a central that had seperate credentials.

0 Likes
Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Are you using custom SSL certificates?

You will need to get the OO Central keystore and copy it to your remote studio.
Copy rc_keystore from x:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Operations Orchestration\Central\conf from central

to x:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Operations Orchestration\Studio\conf on your remote studio install and see how that goes. (Backup the current studio rc_keystore obviously)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.