Regular Contributor.. DavidDean2 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Studio remote debug "An Error has occurred during your run"

Jump to solution

I'm having an issue that's getting worse where remote debug sessions won't start in Studio, but end with "An Error has occurred during your run".  The odd thing is that the flow actually does start and run in the remote Central.
In the Studio log files, I get messages like:

2017-11-16 14:36:27,482 ERROR    EnginesConnectionsServiceImpl$BasicAuthenticationCommonsHttpInvokerRequestExecutor.doExecuteRequest:553    Error invoking remote service https://<OO_FQDN>:8443/oo/central-remoting/remoteDebuggerService

2017-11-16 14:36:27,483 ERROR    EventDrivenDebugger$20.doInBackground:1194    could not submit command, reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [https://<OO_FQDN>:8443/oo/central-remoting/remoteDebuggerService]; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

The connection to this Central has been stable for months, but in the last few days it has been getting errors constantly. 
Two of my team see this issue regularly, and a third member doesn't see it at all. 

Studio 10.70 build number 16

Central 10.70 build number 16

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor.. Jill Buttrum Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Studio remote debug "An Error has occurred during y

Jump to solution

After much troubleshooting with MicroFocus, the fix for our issue was to truncate a couple of tables:

truncate table OO_RUNNING_EXECUTION_PLANS;
truncate table OO_CACHED_EXECUTION_PLANS;

There was over 40,000 rows in the OO_RUNNING_EXECUTION_PLANS table.   (Reference case:  SD02201935)

0 Likes
12 Replies
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello David,

My name is Luis and I will be assisting you with this thread.

On regards to the issue you described, I've seen a similar issue on Oracle RAC environments. Are you working with Oracle RAC as the HPOO database engine?

I look forward to your comments.

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Have you been running remote debug from that Studio to that Central before?

I wonder if it might be a proxy setting you could take out into consideration by configuring the proxy too

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

Database is MS SQL Server 2012.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

No proxies in use.  I've done debugging to this particular Central for months with no issues.  In fact, this is a cluster of two Centrals, and I'm having the issue connecting to both.

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Is it possible to share the logs. It might worth putting the studio ones on debug before sharing.

It would be interesting to see the central logs too - and understand if the request reaches Central or not.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I am not sure if you've already provided the information requested by Mr. Truta. If not, could you please provide it to move this thread forward?

Thank you,

Luis Quiros

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

The issue has returned.  It had gone away previously when we added additional heap space to the Central.
The same errors are occurring when trying to debug with 10.70 Studio - three different Centrals show the same issue.
2018-05-30 13:53:55,582 ERROR    EnginesConnectionsServiceImpl$BasicAuthenticationCommonsHttpInvokerRequestExecutor.doExecuteRequest:553    Error invoking remote service https://gadc-oorchdv001.na.pg.com:8443/oo/central-remoting/remoteDebuggerService
2018-05-30 13:53:55,632 ERROR    EventDrivenDebugger$20.doInBackground:1194    could not submit command, reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [https://gadc-oorchdv001.na.pg.com:8443/oo/central-remoting/remoteDebuggerService]; nested exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

I have logs to provide, but I would prefer to provide them directly.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

if you're open to non-microfocus assistance and can skype to review your environment - I can send you a PM with my contact information. if i had to guess i would say you may need to tune the env 

0 Likes
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

Certainly if you have tuning suggestions that have been proved in practice, any information that way would be appreciated.
I am not sure I would be permitted to share a session.

We have tuned a number of parameters based on support cases and the troubleshooting guide. 

One of the areas we've looked at is the heap size.  I had heard some recommendation not to increase heap size past 8GB due to garbage collection becoming unmanagable.  Would you know if that is the case, or if the heap size can be increased past this value?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I dont know that I would feel comfortable just blindly throwing out tuning options 

I can state that my env is 3 centrals and 18 RAS (spread across a few domains(whittled down into 6 worker groups))  executing ~2k flows an hour (roughly 350 within a 10 min span) and my total memory allocation for the Centrals is 9GB but I usually sit around 2 and rarely peak above 5GB.

If a sharing session becomes an option feel free to reach out

otherwise when I was running into bottlenecks /oo/monitoring became a pretty useful companion 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

David

Any luck on determining the issue? 

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Jill Buttrum Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

After much troubleshooting with MicroFocus, the fix for our issue was to truncate a couple of tables:

truncate table OO_RUNNING_EXECUTION_PLANS;
truncate table OO_CACHED_EXECUTION_PLANS;

There was over 40,000 rows in the OO_RUNNING_EXECUTION_PLANS table.   (Reference case:  SD02201935)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.