Absent Member.. Brian_LeBlanc Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Subflow 'Result' vs. 'Result Field'

I have a flow that is a meant to be a subflow.  There appear to be several ways to get values back to the calling flow.

1: In a step in the subflow, in the results tab of a step, assign a variable to the 'Flow Output Field' which makes the variable visible to the Main flow as a 'Result Field'

2: Perform the step above in the subflow but then, in the Properties tab of the subflow, in the Output section, add an  Output that pull data from the variables assigned to the 'Output Fields' in the previouse step.  This creates a 'Result' visible to the main flow. 

The problem with doing #2 is that, while in the main flow, and trying to get values from the subflow, there are now two options to choose from:

1 = 'Result Field' which is created with step 1 above

&

2 = 'Result' which is created with step 2 above.

My questions are:

A:  What is the best practice method for returning results from a subflow to a main flow?

B:  What is ntended purpose of 'Result' and 'Result Field' and how should each be used?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. parkl Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Subflow 'Result' vs. 'Result Field'

I thought I was clear on this, but looking at it again in attemp to answer your question, got pretty confused myself, so hoping someone else can answer this for you (and I).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.