Support for Windows Server core?
I am trying to understand if we could deploy Remote Action Services on Windows Server 2008 R2 core. I understand RAS requires:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (SP 1) and either 3.0 or 3.5 SP 1, with ASP.NET enabled for either
And Windows Server 2008 R2 core includes:
- Subset of .NET Framework 2.0
- Subset of .NET Framework 3.0 and 3.5
So is the "Subset" enough or not? I did not find ANY mentions of Server Core in the documentation!
I still do not know the official answer.
I did some testing, using free Hyper-V 2008 R2 SP1 downloaded from Microsoft http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd776191
- RAS 9.00 installed without problem - Task Manager shows the JVM (Java.exe) is running and using about 100MB+
- 9.02 update installed without problem, this is installed on Central and RAS separatly
- 9.05 does NOT install. This is only installed on Central and the content gets pushed to the RAS. The install does discover the RAS, says it is pushing 172 files, the Task Manager network shows the file copy happend, but then it fails with the same error on the screen as on central %IConclude_Home%\updates\content\OO-9_00_05\22.214.171.124\logs\:
faultString: java.rmi.RemoteException: deployLibraries failed; nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to load Java RAS!