vinlane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TNS Names SQL Query operation repeating rows

So I opened up a ticket with HP support, but I was curious if anyone else has come across this.

I've used the TNS Names SQL Query operation quite a bit with no issues, but now I am running into problems where it will repeat rows, from the select statement, that it has already processed. I think it is because the operations that it is doing for each row takes quite a while (about an hour).

As an example, it will get to this operation and do a select statement that returns 5 rows. It will do the first, then the second, third, fourth, then back to first, second, third, etc. Then I get an error and the workflow crashes. The error is:

Error during run persistence: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not update: [com.iconclude.dharma.model.execution.RunStepHistory#238562].

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
vinlane Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: TNS Names SQL Query operation repeating rows

Just responding to my post with the solution, in case anyone else runs into this issue and finds this post.

There is a file jras.properties, in that file you can add the following:

com.iconclude.ras.session_timeout = <value in ms>

The default timeout for all RAS sessions is 30 minutes.  the SQL Query operation uses the session to keep track of what row its on in the query. When this timout hits, the session closes, and it restarts the query from the begining the next time it hits that step.

Increasing this timeout from the default fixed the issue I was having.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.